Wednesday 17 April 2013

Our New Place



OUR NEW PLACE


So we're settled into our new place now.  Pretty flash compared to some of the options available.  Rent here is quite reasonable and we're paying $350US per month.  Utilities (power and water) cost between $20 - US$40 per month.


It came furnished which was great but we've bought a few essentials such as a blender, for lovely fresh fruit smoothies, pots and pans, crockery and cutlery and a printer.  We have the internet on which seems to work pretty well most of the times although it often drops in and out even if only for a few minutes at a time.  I'll see if anything can be done about that but I guess we are living in a 3rd world country.  If anyone is planning a trip and working out a budget, the internet and cable tv, lol - cable, we've never had it in our lives, comes as a package for US$34 a month.


This is the block of apartments that we live in, we're in the bottom right hand apartment.



One block in front of us is the sea.


Porl, Chase y Jovany.  It's not huge but has two bedrooms and everything that we need.



The white tiles are a bit of a nightmare with all the dust (no rain for 5 months means lots of dust) - not to mention my hair everywhere - the boys love it when I ask them to sweep, not!  Seriously, I should be bald the amount of hair that's everywhere, thank goodness it seems to grow faster than I can shed it.


My washing machine :)  Which I actually don't mind, who needs a gym for nice firm arms - but I have to admit that towels and sheets are not my favourite.  The washing part isn't so bad it's the wringing out that's a mission.



Well nothing too exciting going on here today, so until next time, chaito :)



3 comments:

  1. MC i just caught up on all your amazing blogging!Im
    so happy to see you guys are having an awesome time
    it looks like heaps of fun!! I miss you all like crazy. Please keep up the good work doing your blog
    we love reading it, we are usually cracking up the whole time! Love you heaps xo Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Rosie, glad to hear that you guys are enjoying it, I'm hardly finding any time for all the adventures because it takes me so long to write about it, jaja - just kidding! There's always time for adventures :)

      Miss you guys heaps, don't forget to send me the belly updates and give the twinnies a squeeze for me - oh and Sam of course - a proper hug for her as well as a belly hug please and the rest of the famalam - luv you guys heaps, when are you coming to visit? :P xx M-C

      Delete
  2. Paul and MC, love when you say “nothing too exciting going on here” : > ) Looking at your “washing machine is exciting enough. I’m glad that you all are making Nicaragua your home, it shows that we only need just but a few things to be happy (Luke 10:42). Thank you for taking the time to share encouraging information, as you probably been reading the news about the terrible events that has been happening here in America (Boston), we sure need to stay close to Jehovah.
    Please take care and keep posting photos of your ministry and our brothers in Nica.
    Gus

    ReplyDelete